Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Daily Lesson for December 8, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Revelation chapter 2 verses 2 and 3:


2 ‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance . . . 3 I also know that you are enduring patiently and bearing up for the sake of my name, and that you have not grown weary. 4But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. 5Remember then from what you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first.

This is a Lesson for the Christian who has grown weary in well doing.

The journey is long, and the obstacles are substantial. Opposition is ever-present and progress is really slow.

We can be tempted towards anger and even hatred.

But we must not grow weary in our well-doing. We must not succumb to frustration and exhaustion. The love we had at first cannot grow cold.

St. Paul said it best, "If we have faith to move mountains, give all my money away to the poor, hand my body over to be utterly used up in the cause, but have not love, I gain nothing."

Hold on to love dear ones. And do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.

And keep on overcoming.

For the night is long; and the world needs your light.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment