Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Daily Lesson for December 7, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 28 verses 1 and 2:


1 O Lord, I call to you;
my Rock, do not be deaf to my cry; *
lest, if you do not hear me,
I become like those who go down to the Pit.

2 Hear the voice of my prayer when I cry out to you, *
when I lift up my hands to your holy of holies.

Today is the Feast Day St. Ambrose, 4th century Bishop of Milan, and one of the most influential figures in early medieval Christianity.

It was Bishop Ambrose to whom Monica, the mother of a young, and very wayward son, and not yet at all "saint", Augustine came in distress and tears. She was worried to a point of anguish over Augustine's life and choices.

Ambrose, in beautiful words have shared often with worried parents over the years, told Monica that God could "not turn his back upon the son of these tears."

For all who worry and anguish over children, may you receive this word this morning.

God will not turn God's back from the children of your tears.

God bless you, and God bless and keep your beloved.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment