Friday, December 10, 2021

Daily Lesson for December 10, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalms 31, selected verses:


1 In you, O Lord, have I taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame; *
deliver me in your righteousness.

2 Incline your ear to me; *
make haste to deliver me.

7 I will rejoice and be glad because of your mercy; *
for you have seen my affliction;
you know my distress.

8 You have not shut me up in the power of the enemy; *
you have set my feet in an open place.

9 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; *
my eye is consumed with sorrow,
and also my throat and my belly.

10 For my life is wasted with grief,
and my years with sighing; *
my strength fails me because of affliction,
and my bones are consumed.

16 Make your face to shine upon your servant, *
and in your loving-kindness save me."

19 How great is your goodness, O Lord!
which you have laid up for those who fear you; *
which you have done in the sight of all
for those who put their trust in you.

21 Blessed be the Lord! *
for he has shown me the wonders of his love in a
besieged city.

In a besieged city, the mercies of God are still present.

In a walled city, the psalmists sees the sun, captures birds, drinks of the rain.

In a wheelchair inside an assisted living center, the carols of Christmas are sung.

Behind prison walls the good news is proclaimed.

In China songs, and hymns and spiritual songs are being sung.

In an apartment across town, a Sunday School class is sending a train of meals to a member who is chronically ill.

Somewhere last night someone struggling with deep depression and a sense of isolation wrote a gratitude list to remind them of the good things they do have.

In a besieged city, the wonders of the Lord are show.

Blessed be the Lord in the great miracles, and also the small.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment