Monday, June 7, 2021

Daily Lesson for June 7, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 56 verses 11 and 12:


11 I am bound by the vow I made to you, O God; *
I will present to you thank-offerings;

12 For you have rescued my soul from death and my feet from stumbling, *
that I may walk before God in the light of the living.

I have an old former-priest friend who has been sober for 45 years. After he got out of treatment and had been sober a few months, he went and saw his mother. She told him he had "the light of life" in his eyes again.

We give thanks for the light of life. We give thanks for the chance to live again.

The darkness is so powerful; we think there is no way out. But then we see the light of life in the eyes of someone who has been there and we know that there is hope. We know that there is light, and life, and God, and miracle.

I give thanks for all the miracle worked in my own life. I give thanks for the light. It is God's gift, freely received and freely given, and way more than what was deserved.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment