Friday, June 11, 2021

Daily Lesson for June 11, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Acts chapter 4 verse 36:


"Joseph, a Levite, born in Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (son of encouragement), sold a field he owned, brought the money, and turned it over to the apostles."

Today is the feast day for St. Barnabas, the "son of encouragement".

Anybody who is in ministry will tell you that the encouragers are absolutely invaluable.

It is so nice to receive words of affirmation from folks who believe in what you are doing.

It's wonderful to have a conversation with a person like I did two weeks ago who said, "I don't think I have to be a member, but I want to be because I want to support what this church is doing."

It's also wonderful to receive financial support as a sign of affirmation and approval.

Barnabas was the "son of encouragement". He not only sold his own property and gave the money to the apostles, he's also the one who got the others to give Paul a chance to redeem himself after Paul's conversion. Barnabas also gave the young Mark a second chance at ministry as well.

Where would we be without the encouragers? Where would we be without the folks who come along and say, "I believe in you. I love what you're doing. I'm in."

Encouragers, let me encourage YOU; what you say and what you do really makes a difference. Thank you.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment