Thursday, June 3, 2021

Daily Lesson for June 3, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Luke chapter 18 verses


Then Jesus* told them a parable about their need to pray always and not to lose heart. 2He said, ‘In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor had respect for people. 3In that city there was a widow who kept coming to him and saying, “Grant me justice against my opponent.” 4For a while he refused; but later he said to himself, “Though I have no fear of God and no respect for anyone, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will grant her justice, so that she may not wear me out by continually coming.” ’* 6And the Lord said, ‘Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? 8I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them. And yet, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?’

The great preacher Tom Long once said that the moral of this story is to tell us that if a powerless woman can get justice from a heartless judge, how much more will the children of God get an answer to their prayers from "the one who has number every hair on their heads."

I know a lot of folks who feel pretty powerless right now. They feel put upon. They have been put upon. They've been wronged! I have names and faces of people I care for on my mind right now.

If you are one of them, or could be, this parable is for you. God has numbered all the hairs of your head, and God has seen your trials. And Jesus tells this story so that you will not lose heart.

This powerless woman wore down the most cold, and calloused judge in all of Texas -- or wherever.

The jury of heaven won't be near so hard. Plead your case; and appeal and keep on appealing if you have to. For there is a more-than-sympathetic judge sitting on the bench, and ready to rule for what is right.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment