Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Daily Lesson for June 16, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Luke chapter 21 verses 1 through 4:


He looked up and saw rich people putting their gifts into the treasury; 2he also saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. 3He said, ‘Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them; 4for all of them have contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.’

I am grateful for the widow and her little mite.

I am grateful for the retired couple and their larger but not huge mite.

I am grateful for the teacher who gives instead of going on vacation to California.

I am grateful to the young couple who pledged because they wanted to be a part of the refurbishment of the sanctuary where they were married.

I am grateful that they are still giving towards their pledge.

I am grateful for the child's dollar, given to them by their grandmother.

I am grateful for that grandmother, who has included the church in her will.

I am grateful for the homeless man who walked into the church with a $100 bill and laid it on the altar.

I am grateful for the folks who give to feed that homeless man on Thursday nights.

I am grateful for the friend who gave up Starbucks for a year in order to help the church pay off its loan.

I am grateful for the church administrative assistants who give back ten percent of whatever the church pays them.

I am grateful.

For all these, and many more I am grateful indeed.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment