Thursday, February 4, 2021

Daily Lesson for February 4, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Isaiah chapter 55 verses 10 and 11:


10 For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return there until they have watered the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

If there is one thing I wish I had known earlier and wish I still knew completely is that life in God is to be trusted.

What I mean by that is whatever God gives to us we can trust as something good, and plentiful, and even more than that for good measure. It is trustworthy; and I shouldn't doubt it or try too hard to coax or manipulate it. Life happens in its own time and in its own way; but it does, ultimately, happen.

So I would say to somebody interested enough to sit with me for a cup of coffee:

Trust yourself. Trust the Word. Trust what's happening now, and will happen, and what won't. Trust your heart, and your gut, and all the ancient rhythms of seedtime, and harvest, and fall's necessary end, and winter's sleep, and the spring that is sure to come.

Trust all these things. And, above all, trust that God is in them all.

And God is in you.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment