Friday, February 26, 2021

Daily Lesson for February 26, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 40 verses 13-14 and 19:


13 For innumerable troubles have crowded upon me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see;
they are more in number than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails me.

14 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
O Lord, make haste to help me.

19 You are my helper and my deliverer;
do not tarry, O my God.

Many years ago now when I was in seminary, I entered what I would call a deep depression and became overwhelmed by my struggles and troubles and could not see my way out.

I washed up at church one Sunday morning and the pastor Mel Williams, who knew I was struggling, came down from the chancel, took my hand in his, and sat quietly beside me in the pew during the organ recessional. As the recessional was nearing its completion, he quietly got up and walked to the back of the church to greet the congregation as it exited.

If you want to know what being saved means, that's what I would tell you. I was saved that morning. And I've tried to remember that somebody needs to be saved every single Sunday morning, and all other days also.

If its you, I pray God will send somebody to hold your hand.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment