Monday, February 1, 2021

Daily Lesson for February 1, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 57 verses 8:


Wake up, my spirit; awake, lute and harp; I myself will waken the dawn.

Last night I received an email sent from a Sunday School teacher to the class which talked about 2021 not being off to so great a start when it comes to prospects of gathering again in person. The email said it was too bad we don't have a fast forward button to 2022. I was sort of stunned because it seems just like yesterday we were all wishing for the fast forward button to 2021.

The vaccines are rolling out slower than we would like. New strains of COVID-19 keep popping up. There is no fast forward button. It's all a bit dispiriting, depressing even.

This morning the Psalmist asks that his spirit be roused. He asks for music in his heart, and a ray of sunshine in his soul.

We pray the same.

As I am writing a little bird has just begun to sing on my side porch. He's a small answer to prayer; but he's enough to waken the dawn.

Thanks be to God.

Ryon Price is the Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment