Thursday, February 11, 2016

Daily Lesson for February 11, 2016

Today's Daily Lesson comes from Habakkuk chapter 3 verses 17 and 18:

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

Now here is one of the most challenging and inspiring words in all of Scripture.  I have attempted to re-write it for today:

Though things didn't turn out like we hoped,
And the venture failed,
Everything went south,
And we just couldn't make anything grow,
The flock wandered away and didn't come back,
And the herd was lost amidst the storm,
Yet, I can still be joyful in the LORD;
I can still sing a hymn to God on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment