Friday, January 3, 2014

Today's Scripture is from 1 Kings 17: So she said to Elijah, “What do I have to do with you, O man of God? You have come to me to bring my iniquity to remembrance and to put my son to death!” He said to her, “Give me your son.” Then he took him from her bosom . . .

A mother is terrified. A woman of great faith, she invited Elijah, the prophet of the LORD, into her home. But now her son is gravely ill. In the maddening thought of losing her son she begins to second guess having received the prophet and even goes so far as to blame him.

The prophet's response: "Give me your son."

There are many today who are desperately worried about their children. Their sons and daughters are living in a kind of spiritual death which may in fact lead to physical death. The message from our story says this: Stop blaming, manipulating, fixing, running after, ennabling and making excuses. Instead, give them over to the LORD.

Trust God with your children; for God is trustworthy; and whether YOUR children live or die, the LORD is good, and true, and just and will do right by them.

Trust the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment