Friday, January 10, 2014

Daily Lesson for January 10, 2014


Today's Lesson from John 10 verses 11 thru 13:

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep."

Good help is hard to find. That is so because most folks are working for a wage but their hearts aren't in what they are doing. Most fast food joints are a case in point. I always double check my order before leaving because I'm just a number there and the person at the counter was thinking about quitting when they were bagging my fries. 

But then I think about my grand daddy's western wear store. He took pride in what he did. People came and shopped with him because they knew they would get the very best - quality and service. And if something was wrong, he would make it right. Why? Because his name was on the sign out front. His heart was in it and his good name was at stake and because of that he gave his life to that work. 

How bout your work? Are you acting like just a hired hand - in it for the paycheck - or do you act like your good name is at stake in what you do?

By the way, your good name is at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment