Friday, January 3, 2014

Today's Lesson from James 4:13-15:

Come now you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”—14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."

Yesterday an 83-year-old lady from church asked me if I thought I would live into my 80s. "Yeah, probably," I said, "with the way science and medicine are going."

Well, here's the truth; I have no idea if I'll make it to 80 or die tomorrow. No matter how much science and medicine advance they can never change the fact that I am mortal and therefore only one breath away from death.

So, many of us are making plans for 2014 and beyond. That's good; we have to plan ahead and doing so gives us something to look forward to. But let us not neglect to live for the LORD today - it's all we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment