Thursday, October 21, 2021

Daily Lesson for October 21, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Matthew chapter 12 verse 20:


"He will not break a bruised reed
or quench a smoldering wick
until he brings justice to victory."

I am praying this morning for gentleness.

It is a not a natural disposition -- especially for West Texans.

But it is a fruit of the Spirit. It is a quality and characteristic of the personhood of Jesus.

Yes, He took a whip and drove out the money changers. And by God they had it coming. It was an act of justice.

But He could also be so soft and so gentle that not even a single molecule of water would burst as walked across.

Today, I pray for gentleness. I pray to walk the earth lightly. And I hope not to break any further even the most bruised reed I see and meet.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment