Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Daily Lesson for October 19, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Matthew chapter 11 verses 28 through 30:


28 ‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’

In the carpenter's shop Jesus learned from Joseph how to craft a yoke.

It had to be sized right. It had to be sanded smooth. The contours had to have the right shape and feel. The yoke had to fit.

"Come . . ." he says. "Take my yoke upon you." His yoke is the right yoke for us. It's made with our size and strength in mind. It's made for the load we are supposed to bear.

Is your burden too much? Is the load you are carrying to heavy? Does it pain every time you step? If so, you may be hitched to the wrong yoke.

For the carpenter's yoke is gentle, and even while carrying it, you can find rest for your soul.

I said rest, for your weary soul.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment