Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Daily Lesson for December 16, 2015

Today's Daily Lesson comes from Zechariah chapter 3 verses 1 and 2:

Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?”

Sometime ago I was talking with someone about raising children when they said that sometimes they've wondered and even doubted whether one of their children will ever mature enough emotionally to live independently. This friend then shook his head, "I know, that's terrible. The Devil's getting to me."

I disagreed. What I saw was a track being played where this friend was truthful about his thoughts and his feelings and his legitimate worries and then shamed his own self for being so. Now that I told him was what sounded really sounded like the work of the devil -- accusing and shaming him for being open and honest.

Take this to heart, Satan has no other authority over us then what we let him. And if what Satan says is based on fact and we did whatever he says we did that doesn't mean his words are truthful or Godly.  For I remember some other words from a very Godly person named St. Paul: "Who is to condemn? For it is Christ Jesus who died, who was raised, and is now seated at the right hand of God."

Tell that to the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment