Monday, April 26, 2021

Daily Lesson for April 26, 2021

 Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Colossians chapter 1 verses 9 through 11:

9 For this reason, since the day we heard it, we have not ceased praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10so that you may lead lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as you grow in the knowledge of God. 11May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure.

Have you told someone lately that you are praying for them?

Have you prayed for someone lately?

I don’t understand the mystery of prayer. I don’t know how it works. But I do know that Jesus prayed for his disciples and told his disciples to pray for one another. And I know that throughout the ages the saints have taken that instruction seriously. 

I also know that I find great strength and encouragement when people tell me they are praying for me. I believe them. And I believe God is working through them — even if I don’t quite understand how. 

And this is my prayer for you today, beloved: that you would be strengthened with all of the grace and peace of Christ Jesus our Lord, and that you would then not fear anyone or anything because God’s Spirit is with you, and in you, and will be so forever and ever, world without end. Amen. 

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment