Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Daily Lesson for January 13, 2021

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 119 verses 17 through 24:


17 Deal bountifully with your servant, * that I may live and keep your word. 18 Open my eyes, that I may see * the wonders of your law. 19 I am a stranger here on earth; * do not hide your commandments from me. 20 My soul is consumed at all times * with longing for your judgments. 21 You have rebuked the insolent; * cursed are they who stray from your commandments! 22 Turn from me shame and rebuke, * for I have kept your decrees. 23 Even though rulers sit and plot against me, * I will meditate on your statutes. 24 For your decrees are my delight, * and they are my counselors.

This morning I am praying for Congress and the Executive branch as the path forward for our nation is considered.

Though the nightmare of these recent weeks is not yet over, I do give thanks for people of conscience from both political parties. Over the past several weeks and months, many people in state and national political positions have acted honorably defending the rule of law. They have stood firm and fulfilled the duties of their office with courage and integrity.

Others have not. As investigations continue to take place and more information comes in, the acts of treachery amongst many who had formerly been sworn to protect and defend the Constitution will become known.

We must therefore pray for wisdom and for justice and, in President Lincoln's words, "firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right."

May the decrees of the law be our counselors; and may justice and peace prevail.

Lord, have mercy.

Ryon Price is the Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment