Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Daily Lesson for November 20, 2019

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 109 verses 1 through 4:

1 Hold not your tongue, O God of my praise; *
for the mouth of the wicked,
the mouth of the deceitful, is opened against me.
2 They speak to me with a lying tongue; *
they encompass me with hateful words
and fight against me without a cause.

3 Despite my love, they accuse me; *
but as for me, I pray for them.

4 They repay evil for good, *
and hatred for my love.

Much of our nation is transfixed by the Impeachment hearings testimony now daily before the House of Representatives. I have only caught bits and pieces of the witnesses’ testimony, but have been appalled by their treatment by public officials from the highest of offices on down and by the general public. 

These public servants did not wish to be in the positions they now find themselves. They have been asked to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, which they seem willing to do to the best of their ability and in accordance with their duties as citizens and patriots. For these things we ought to give them due honor and respect. Their reward from much of our nation, however, has been neither honor nor respect but personal scorn, contempt, and tawdry insult.

They deserve better. 


So does our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment