Thursday, November 14, 2019

Daily Lesson for November 14, 2019

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 34 verses 1 through 6:

1 I will bless the Lord at all times; *
his praise shall ever be in my mouth.

2 I will glory in the Lord; *
let the humble hear and rejoice.

3 Proclaim with me the greatness of the Lord; *
let us exalt his Name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me *
and delivered me out of all my terror.

5 Look upon him and be radiant, *
and let not your faces be ashamed.

6 I called in my affliction and the Lord heard me *
and saved me from all my troubles.

I have some friends who received some tough news this week and everyone is shaken. Yet in talking with them, their sense of God’s goodness and grace remains.  I called to console them, but they kept talking about how blessed they’ve feel.

This followed on the heels of a conversation I had with a friend’s dad who buried his wife this week. He, too, talked about grace, the grace of the life he had with his wife of 67 years and the family they made together. “The LORD knows I couldn’t handle money so He didn’t give me any,” he told me. “But He gave me 67 years with wonderful wife, and children, and grand children.  I’ve been exceedingly blessed.”

So the first words in today’s Psalm leap off the page at me this morning:

“I will bless the LORD at all times,
His praise shall ever be in my mouth.”


I think I want to live like that . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment