Friday, October 12, 2018

Daily Lesson for October 12, 2018

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 142

1 I cry to the Lord with my voice; 
to the Lord I make loud supplication.

2 I pour out my complaint before him 
and tell him all my trouble.

3 When my spirit languishes within me, you know my path.

Inevitably, times come when our spirits fall within us and we forebode about what is to come. Fear and uncertainty grip us. We have a mountain to climb, a valley to walk, a desert to wander through. The path ahead terrifies us. We do not know if we will make it.

But the LORD already knows our path; it’s been seen from beginning to end. The way ahead does not frighten God. God has entrusted our path to us. God believes we can walk it. 

We do not have all the we will need for the days that are to come; for if we did that would allow for self-reliance. The spiritual path is never one of self-reliance. It’s one of reliance on God. 

God knows what we need. God knows what we need today, and tomorrow, and the next. And God shall give us the grace necessary for taking each step and making each leg of the journey.

You do not know the path ahead. Accept this. Accept that even though you don’t know where you’re going, you are indeed on the right path. Follow it. Be not afraid. Be anxious for nothing. Trust God and keep walking ahead. 

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths,” (Proverbs 3:5,6).

No comments:

Post a Comment