Monday, October 31, 2016

Daily Lesson for October 31, 2016

Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 56 verses 8 and 9:

8 You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?
9 Then my enemies will turn back
in the day when I call.
This I know, that God is for me.

If there is one deep truth that has sustained and encouraged me more than any other it is the gift of knowing -- of truly experiencing -- the profound truth that God is for me. And if there is one gift I would consider is most imperative in the act of ministry it is the gift of sharing the good news with others that God is for them also.

God has counted our tossing in the night. God has gathered our tears in a bottle. God knows their weight.  God has taken note in His book.

This is a God of intimacy. It is a God pathos.  It is a God who hopes the very best for me.  It is a God who still even after all my failures comes into my room and sits on the bed beside me like a father with his boy. This is a God of deep, deep, and unconditional love.

God is for us; and if God is for us who can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment