Saturday, July 25, 2015

British Evasion, #3, July 26, part 1 of 3

British Evasion, Day 3, part 1 of 3

Yesterday was one of those full-forced, non-stop days of sight seeing which borders on near overdose. 

Still suffering from the jet time warp, I woke insanely and waited for first light and then took a jog around the city of London. It's the best way I know how to learn to get lost and then found in a new city.  By 6am I had already seen St Paul's, St Martin's in the Field, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Westminster, the London Eye, the Thames, the London Bridge, and about 6,000 red double-decker buses.  By 7am I was showered and shaved and enjoying my third cup of morning joe.  By 7:30am I was seated inside a small chapel within St Paul's ready for morning prayer and the Gospel Lesson prescribed for the Feast Day of St James the Apostle.  Then at 8am I was sitting in the wooden chorister pews inside another chapel within St Paul's ready to hear more on the Apostle James and to receive communion.  By 8:30am I had eaten the bread, drunk the wine, said the Amen.

By 8:45am I was now back at the hotel, waiting on Irie to get ready so that we could go out and finally begin the day's tour of London.

And indeed, that was just the beginning . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment