Monday, September 8, 2014

Daily Lesson for September 8, 2014


Today's daily lesson comes from John chapter 10 verse 27:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

Who do you think the greatest preacher in the world is?  

I can think of some great preachers.  T.D. Jakes, with his mighty cannon of a voice.  Joel Olsteen, with his power of positive thinking. Then there's Barbara Brown Taylor,and her imaginative use of word pictures.

But when it comes down to the best, I agree with Fred Craddock. He says the best preacher in the world is the pastor - your pastor, whoever he or she is.

Your pastor knows you by name. When he speaks you know the sound if his voice. What she says comes out of a her life with you and the rest of the flock. When he opens up the Bible and squares on a text for Sunday, he thinks of you. When she walks into the pulpit to preach she preaches to you; she preaches for you.

Let me ask again, do you know who the greatest preacher in the world is? Let me ask another question, does he know who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment