Monday, April 16, 2018

Daily Lesson for April 16, 2018

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 25 verses 3 through 13:
3 Show me your ways, O Lord, 
and teach me your paths.

4 Lead me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are the God of my salvation;
in you have I trusted all the day long.

5 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and love, 
for they are from everlasting.

6 Remember not the sins of my youth and my transgressions; 
remember me according to your love
and for the sake of your goodness, O Lord.

7 Gracious and upright is the Lord; 
therefore he teaches sinners in his way.

8 He guides the humble in doing right 
and teaches his way to the lowly.

9 All the paths of the Lord are love and faithfulness 
to those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

10 For your Name's sake, O Lord, 
forgive my sin, for it is great.

11 Who are they who fear the Lord? 
he will teach them the way that they should choose.

12 They shall dwell in prosperity, 
and their offspring shall inherit the land.

13 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him 
and will show them his covenant.

The LORD is a friend to those who fear Him.

What a wonderful promise. What a sustaining hope. 

If the LORD were not for us, who could stand?

But the LORD is for us. The LORD is our friend. The LORD remembers His covenant with us. He shows it to us. He remembers. And He reminds us. The LORD reminds us that His goodness and His mercy follow us all the days of our lives. 

So condemnation is no more. Regret is no more. Fear is no more. For God’s love casts out all fear. And love never ends. 

Nearing the end of his life, the old slave trader turned Anglican priest and writer of the hymn “Amazing Grace” said, “Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.”

We remember these things. We remember; and even if we were to forget, God remembers. In God’s great and steadfast love God remembers us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment