Thursday, June 30, 2022

Daily Lesson for June 30, 2022

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from Numbers chapter 23, selected verses:


11 Then Balak said to Balaam, ‘What have you done to me? I brought you to curse my enemies, but now you have done nothing but bless them.’ 12He answered, ‘Must I not take care to say what the Lord puts into my mouth?’
13 So Balak said to him, ‘Come with me to another place from which you may see them; you shall see only part of them, and shall not see them all; then curse them for me from there.’
12He answered, ‘Must I not take care to say what the Lord puts into my mouth?’
25 Then Balak said to Balaam, ‘Do not curse them at all, and do not bless them at all.’ 26But Balaam answered Balak, ‘Did I not tell you, “Whatever the Lord says, that is what I must do”?’

Today Broadway member Aubin Petersen will receive the Barbara MacNair Award for Christian Witness at an Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists service in Dallas. I am grateful for Aubin and her spouse Mark and their strong advocacy for the welcome and affirmation of LGBTQ persons in our and other Baptist churches and society as a whole. The world is better and our church is better for their Christian witness.

We have discerned in the Spirit to bless and not curse the rainbow community of God.

We have discerned in the Spirit of Christ to welcome, affirm, and bless and not be silent.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment