Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Daily Lesson for April 26, 2022

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from John chapter 14, verses 18 through 20, and 25 and 26:


18 ‘I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

25 ‘I have said these things to you while I am still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.

The same Spirit that was in Jesus the Christ is also in us.

What a powerful, and too-often, little-understood, and little-received truth.

The same power that fed the hungry is also in us.

The same power that forgave sins is also in us.

The same power that raised the dead, and overturned the tables, and set at liberty the outcasts is also in us.

The same power that spoke mighty and plain in front of the religious powers right there in the Temple court is also in us.

And the same power that taught us all about justice, and sharing, and kindness, and being pro-human, and also pro-love is also in us.

"The Spirit is coming," Jesus told the disciples. "I won't leave you all by yourself. God won't leave you all by yourself. The Spirit is coming."

And it is here; if we will only dare to see and believe it within ourselves.

Try today.

Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment