Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Daily Lesson for February 16, 2022

 Today’s Daily Lesson comes from John chapter 10 verses 11 through 15:


11 ‘I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12The hired hand, who is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13The hired hand runs away because a hired hand does not care for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep. 


A good leader understands that there are wolves out there. They make provision. They guard. They sacrifice. They care.


A good shepherd cares for the well being of the flock. They are willing to put themselves at risk for the sake of the flock.


There are good shepherds out there. There are good leaders, good managers, good CEOs, good pincipals and superintendents, good deacon chairs, and good pastors. 


They don’t just think of themselves when trouble comes. They think of the flock under their care. They think of the sheep hurt, scattered, harassed, and abused. They think and they act, as best as they can. 


If you have a leader like that thank them today. The last couple of years have been hard, but they’ve laid on the line; and we owe them more than we could ever repay. 


Ryon Price is Senior Pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment