Thursday, December 3, 2020

Daily Lesson for December 3, 2020

 Today's Daily Lesson comes from 2 Corinthians chapter 11 verses 30 through 33:


30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus (blessed be he forever!) knows that I do not lie. 32 In Damascus, the governor under King Aretas guarded the city of Damascus in order to seize me, 33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.

There is an old saying, "If you can't find a door, look for a window." And my, how a small window can be found at just the right time and place.

Rahab, the sex worker, let the spies out of Jericho through a small window in the wall. And it does make me wonder whose window Paul had to swing his legs through in order to get out of Damascus.

Embarrassing, undignified, humbling -- almost as humbling as the eye of the needle the rich must stoop through in order to get into heaven.

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness," Paul said.

The wall is strong and we are weak. But there is a window, and a basket, and sometimes some of the most unlikely and even unsavory of friends who can help us make a way out of no way.

And the greatest friend of all is God . . .

NOTE: We are reading the whole Bible through this year. Tomorrow we will start with Romans chapters 1 through 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment