Wednesday, August 7, 2019


"I have to confess to you that I was silent about guns for too long.  I told Irie that I would never preach about guns in Texas, and that if I ever did  you could be guaranteed for sure that I was planning to leave the church.  That has been my approach for a long while, too long really.  And then last year the Parkland school shooting happened, and I realized that I had to say something.  I thought to myself, 'You know Ryon, it could happen here.  It could happen here in your community and in your church.  And what have you done to act responsibly today if tomorrow never comes?'" 

Rather than a Daily Lesson today I am doing something I seldom do and that is share a Sunday sermon. It is about not only the events in El Paso and Dayton but also the true fragility and ultimate meaning of life itself.


Please note I will be on vacation for the next several days and not posting Daily Lessons.


To listen to the sermon:
http://broadwaybc.org/sermon-overview/if-tomorrow-never-comes-ryon-price/

To watch service in its entirety:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4YZMRnkZs

No comments:

Post a Comment