Monday, January 28, 2019

Daily Lesson for January 28, 2019

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Isaiah chapter 48 verses 6 through 8: 

6 You have heard; now see all this;
   and will you not declare it?
From this time forward I make you hear new things,
   hidden things that you have not known. 
7 They are created now, not long ago;
   before today you have never heard of them,
   so that you could not say, ‘I already knew them.’ 
8 You have never heard, you have never known,
   from of old your ear has not been opened.


And Galatians chapter 1 verses 13 through 16:

13 You have heard, no doubt, of my earlier life in Judaism. I was violently persecuting the church of God and was trying to destroy it. 14I advanced in Judaism beyond many among my people of the same age, for I was far more zealous for the traditions of my ancestors. 15But when God, who had set me apart before I was born and called me through his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him among the Gentiles, I did not confer with any human being . . .

There is a mystery to conversion and change that is hidden with God. A man does not see and then he does. An ear cannot hear and then it can. A community is not ready and then it is. 

Dr. King said, “Sometimes it seems like time itself gets ready to change.”  The time is hidden with God. 

And so this means we should never give up on anyone. We should never write any place off as beyond conversion or redemption or change.

There are times when the ground is hard and unreceptive. But we speak our truth and preach our Gospel in season and out.


And after season upon season of rejection, suddenly there is Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment