Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Daily Lesson for November 21, 2018

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 101 verse 6:

“My eyes are upon the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me.”

I think sometimes God gives us little signs along the path just to let us know that in spite of whatever present doubts we might have about ourselves and our lives, we’re on the right path, going the right way, traveling with a whole caravan of angels and saints unseen, and absolutely being watched over and cared for.

Yesterday I received one of those signs. 

On Sunday, at the church’s annual Thanksgiving dinner I talked about my favorite teacher of all time, my fifth grade home room teacher, Mrs. Jamison, and how she would always tell us, “Count your blessings.”  It’s a phrase I think of every Thanksgiving and it always takes me back to Mrs. J’s class and how loved and cared for she always made me feel and also how witty and how wise she always was. 

Then yesterday I received a surprise package in the mail from.  It was a big canvas Christmas Grinch along with the words “Count Your Blessings”. And who was it from?  Mrs. Jamison.  

And along with the picture was a short but very touching note:

“Three good things about teaching are June, July, and August, and, may I add having special children and memories to carry me in my old age.

“I saw this poster and could not get it out of my mind. I just wanted you to have it and know that even the Grinch believed in God.

“Once again, counting my blessings!

Love you,

Mrs. J”

I’m counting them too, Mrs. J. 

I surely am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment