Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Daily Lesson for February 7, 2018

Today’s Daily Lesson comes from Romans chapter 12 verses 3 through 8:

3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, but to think with sober judgement, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function,5so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another. 6We have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us: prophecy, in proportion to faith; 7ministry, in ministering; the teacher, in teaching;8the exhorter, in exhortation; the giver, in generosity; the leader, in diligence; the compassionate, in cheerfulness.

Today, I am called to play my part. 

My part is not the whole, though it belongs and is vital to the whole. My part matters. Though I ought not to think too much of it; I also dare not think too little. My part matters. Every part matters. “He who is faithful in little shall be given much,” Jesus says. For he who is faithful in little has already been given much. To the smallest part, belongs the health and well being of the whole body.

I heard somewhere recently that if in the sixties you you went to Houston and asked the workers at NASA what their jobs were they would all tell you the same thing. The head guy in Mission Control would say, “My job is to put a man on the moon.”  And then, if you went down the hall and asked the janitor, he would say the same thing, “My job is to put a man on the moon.”  How about that — a man doesn’t fly through the clouds without somebody mopping the floor first.


What’s your job? What’s your part? Play it today. It matters. Every little part matters. My little part matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment