Monday, July 10, 2017

Daily Lesson for July 10, 2017

Today's Daily Lesson comes from Acts chapter 9 verses 26 and 27:

26 When he had come to Jerusalem, he attempted to join the disciples; and they were all afraid of him, for they did not believe that he was a disciple. 27But Barnabas took him, brought him to the apostles, and described for them how on the road he had seen the Lord, who had spoke to him, and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus. 

And Acts chapter 11 verses 22 through 24:

22 News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23 When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24 He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

In the early days of the church there was this wonderful man whose Spirit was such that whenever he was around he made others feel, and act, and look better. He was a source of inspiration and motivation and he opened the door for others to step in and up as leaders.  Now here was a man who lived up to the full stature of his name -- Barnabas, "Son of Encouragement".

Last evening, a woman from church called and left a message on my voicemail: "Ryon, this is So-and-So.  There is no need to call me back. I am just calling a few people I know to tell them how much they mean. I want you to know that the world is a better place because of you. I appreciate you; and I love you. Goodbye."

I tell you what, I thank God for sons and for daughters of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment