Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Daily Lesson for April 18, 2017

Today's Daily Lesson comes from 1 Corinthians chapter 15 verses 8 through 10:

8Last of all, as to someone untimely born, He appeared also to me. 9For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace towards me has not been in vain.

I watched an old video clip the other day of the comedian Dick Gregory giving a fiery denunciation of the hymn "Amazing Grace" and its author, one-time slave ship captain turned clergyman John Newton. Gregory said it was abhorrently offensive that black people should so willingly sing a song written by someone so actively involved in slavery.

Gregory had a point. 

And I'm sure that very same point was made about Paul after he repented also.

God's grace is amazing. But it's also challenging. It's challenging every time a wretch gets saved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment