Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Daily Lesson for November 23, 2016

Today's Daily Lesson comes from Psalm 130 verses 5 and 6:


5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchman for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

Today I am thinking of friends and loved ones who are waiting. Some are waiting for a break. Others waiting for a cure. Two waiting to pass because there is no cure. Their families also.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. The soul waiting. The time spent waiting.

The Bible speaks of two different kinds of time.  One is "chronos" from which we get our word "chronology". This is calendar time, sequential time, the time of the clock, the time which is measured and predictable.

But the other time is what the Bible calls "kairos" time.  This is time indeterminate.  It is the fullness of time.  The time of a rose blooming or a baby being born.  It's the moment when someone's time has come. This is the time Jesus says "no one knows".  This is the fullness of time we call mystery.

My friends, my family, we wait on the mystery. We wait on the LORD. More than watchmen wait for the morning. More than watchmen for the morning.

And the gift from God that enables us to bear the long, long wait is the virtue we call "Hope".

No comments:

Post a Comment