Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Daily Lesson for July 20, 2016

Today's Daily Lesson

Four or five years ago Kathleen my friend from church had been down at St Benedicts Chapel for a Sunday morning service with the homeless community downtown. After the service, one of the homeless guys came and put a $100 bill into the collection plate. Now, $100 can go a long ways on the streets but this person said he wanted the money to "go to feeding the poor."

Kathleen came back to Second B for our late service and told me about what happened earlier that day at St Benedict's. Then, that night I had been asked to go over to an anniversary service for another church on the other side of town. They took up the collection and I reached for my wallet to kick in a $10 spot. It was then I realized that all I had was a $100 bill.

I tell you, the LORD does sometimes work in MISCHIEVOUS ways.

May those with ears to hear let them hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment