Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Daily Lesson for December 23, 2014


Today's Daily Lesson comes from Isaiah chapter 11 verse 12:

"He will raise a signal for the nations
and will assemble the banished of Israel,
and gather the dispersed of Judah
from the four corners of the earth."

In October of 1943 Bing Crosby released his soon-to-be famous "I'll Be Home for Christmas".  America was of course at war in 1943 and my grandfather was on a troop transport ship somewhere in the Pacific at the time. He thought the Japanese would never give up and that he would never come home.  When I hear Bing, I think of my grandfather and what it must have been like to hear that song in those war years. It's especially the last verse that always chokes me up:

"Christmas Eve will find me
Where the lovelight gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams"

Most of us will be home this Christmas. Let's don't take it for granted.  Laugh, hug, speak, take pictures, smile, delight in the wonder and joy of the children - yours and others, go to church together, stay up way too late waiting for Santa, stay up even later just visiting.  

Let the lovelight gleam.  

It's more than just a dream; we're home for Christmas.  Let's be home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment