Monday, March 3, 2014

Daily Lesson for March 3, 2014


Today's Daily Lesson is from Psalm 25 verse 7:

"Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
according to your steadfast love remember me,
for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!"

The conscience can trouble for a long, long time. 

Early in the morning before the sun has come up, I wake to pray alone and my mind thinks back on so many of the terrible things I have - things which still haunt me and which I cannot take back. If I dwelled on it too long I could literally make myself sick with shame and guilt. 

The Psalmist had that same sick, guilt-burdened conscience. In the alone hours of the morning, he too remembered things he had done and things he had left undone which agonized him in his spirit.

But then he remembered something else. He remembered that God can chose not to remember. He remembered that God can forget.

Of all God's great and powerful gifts attributes, in the end it is God's power to forget that we need most. And God chooses to use this power; God chooses to remember us not by be sinful things we have done, but rather by the grace of His faithful and enduring love.

St. Paul wrote, "Love keeps no record of wrongdoing." God has destroyed His records of our wrongdoing. We should destroy ours also.

No comments:

Post a Comment